Guidelines for Homestay Owners
Register as Homestay Owner
After you register your account as a ‘Homestay Owner’, you will receive an email confirming that ‘Your account has been successfully created’.
Please click on the activation link in the email to complete the registration process.
Shortly after activating your account, you will receive another email to confirm that ‘Your account has been successfully activated.’ Please proceed to the login page and manage your accommodation/s.
To Create your Accommodation:
Under the MY ACCOMMODATIONS Option in the Main Menu, there are two options:
- My Accommodations – Show your listed accommodations
- Create accommodations – Add new accommodations
Under Create Accommodations, you may add the following details:
- Property Title – Write a short and descriptive title of up to 70 Characters.
- Property Description – Write a short description of your property. This content is required to be unique and should describe your accommodation well.
- Featured Image – Any Image, ideally of the exterior of your property that will make your accommodation stand out.
- Is priced per person? – Tick this if your pricing is per person. Otherwise it’s priced on a per-room basis
- Check-in time – Choose your ideal Check-in time.
- Check-out time – Choose your ideal Check-out time.
- Star count – Rate your property
- Accommodation type – Choose a type that suits your accommodation the best.
- Facilities – Choose as many facilities as you can.
- Location – Choose a location for your accommodation. In case the location is not on our list, you may contact us. Note that you cannot create the accommodation if the location is not on the list.
- Gallery images – Add images that are clear and of high resolution. Cover all areas of your accommodation like the bedrooms, bathrooms, kitchen, living area, lawns, gardens, swimming pool and so on.
- General Terms & Conditions – Mention your general terms and conditions (if Any).
- Meals – Write a short description about the kind of meals provided at the property.
- Activities – List the activities available at the property. Eg. Indoor Games, Outdoor Games, Boating, Amphi-theatre etc.
Now you may proceed to creating rooms…
To Create room types
- Room Title – Here you can add the various types of rooms at your property, such as Deluxe Room, AC Room, Non AC Room, Tent House, Tree House, Beach View Cottage etc.
If you rent out the entire property you may name this as ‘Full Bungalow’ or ‘Full House’ or ‘Full Home’.
- Room Description – Write a short and unique description for the room or the property.
- Featured image – Add an image that best describes the room or property.
- Max adult count – Choose the maximum number of adults allowed in the room or property.
- Max child count – Choose the maximum number of children allowed in the room or property.
- Inclusions – Choose the Meals included in the Price.
Approving the Listing
Once you have added your Accommodations & Rooms, our team will review and approve the listing. Note that we do not have the option of adding the prices from the front end of the website. The prices will be added by our Team after discussing with the Owner.
If you have opted for the ‘Quick Messaging’ System, the guests will be able to contact you directly regarding their enquiry. You will receive an email at your registered email address with all the booking & traveller details. Please be sure to respond to the enquiry at the earliest, preferably within 3 hours of receiving the message. You are requested (under our terms & conditions), not to provide your contact details (Email address or phone number). Payment for the booking will be collected by Homestays.in (Short Breaks Pvt. Ltd.). If the price offered to the client, varies from the price listed on the website, please inform our reservations team.
Guidelines for Guests
Book a Vacation Rental of your choice in 3 easy steps:
Choose your Getaway
If you know the location, you wish to travel to, use our quick search on the Home Page, by entering your Check-in and Check-out dates, your preferred Location and the type of stay.
Alternatively, browse through the various locations using the Options on our Main Menu, under Homestays in India, Weekend Getaways, Villas and Resorts.
Message the Owner
If the Homestay Owner has signed up for using our Quick Messaging system, you can simply message the owner your requirements and they will email you back with the relevant information. Note that you will need to Sign up for this. The process is very quick and straightforward.
Submit an Enquiry to the Owner
You can send in a specific enquiry by entering your check-in and check-out dates, number of adults & children and your requirements. If the Homestay Owner has signed up for our Quick Messaging system, they will receive all the details from you and email you with the relevant information.
Submit an Enquiry to Homestays.in
For some of our Homestay owners, we offer the option of dealing on their behalf. In that case, we will get in touch with you with the information within 3-5 business hours of receiving your enquiry.
Booking your Getaway
If you wish to go ahead and book the getaway, our team at Homestays.in will send you an invoice. Your booking will be confirmed as soon as we receive the payment from you as per our terms and conditions.